A note from Mrs. Chew, our School Counselor:
Children throughout the world have been impacted by COVID-19 and a magnitude of other challenges early on in their lives. Middle Township Elementary #2 is committed each and every day to help provide a safe and supportive environment for students to learn and grow. We work together not only to supply the tools for students to thrive intellectually, but also mentally, socially and emotionally.
Age plays a major role in how stress impacts us. It is our mission to teach our students how to cope with stress and anxiety by communicating feelings, recognizing triggers and helping come up with a strategy that meets each students’ unique needs.
If you need additional support, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health Resource Bank from The Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
The information you see below is a set of resources to support mental health. The Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence is not affiliated with and does not endorse any particular resource or organization. In the case of an emergency always call 911.
Mental Health Support for Youth
- Get immediate help if you are in crisis, and need immediate support or intervention, call 1-800-273-8255, or chat live online at http://www.crisischat.org/. Trained crisis workers are available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls are toll-free and confidential.
- Teenage Health Resource Line: Confidential psychological and physical health information for teens by calling 1-888-711-8336 (7 a.m. – 11 pm. All Week).
- Accessible Mental Health Information: The HelpLine is a mental health information and referral service run by the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAOMI). It can be reached by calling 1-800-950-6264 Monday to Friday 10 am – 6 pm EST or by emailing email@example.com. Also, their website provides helpful information on navigating mental health concerns: https://www.nami.org/Find-Support/Teens-and-Young-Adults.
- Young Women’s Health Information: www.youngwomenshealthsite.org. Young Women’s Health is a website for teen girls and young women featuring up-to-date mental and physical health information.
- Young Men’s Health Information: www.youngmenshealthsite.org. Young Men’s Health is a website for teen guys and young men featuring up-to-date mental and physical health information.